Observations

May 17, 2006

Trucker hats and aviator sunglasses are the modern equivalent of that "Miami Vice" look of two decades ago.

Squirrels who race across the street, braving imminent death, are attempting an ancient initiation ritual. Those who get squished are mocked by the other rodents.

Idaho has a larger number of personalized license plates, per-capita, than any other state. This does not mean that the Idahoans are more clever than the citizens of other states. On the contrary.

You cannot pump your own gas in Oregon, and if you try, the station attendant will freak out. And then, he'll mock you.

There is only one thing more pathetic than a mullet. And that's a mullet with a bald spot.

Debating the finer points of Harry Potter with a 5th grader is normal. Debating the finer points of Harry Potter with the School Superintendent is a little weird, but only because the Superintendent is more passionate about the subject.

8 Response to "Observations"

Anonymous Says:

(You used to not be able to pump your own gas in New Jersey either!)

Greetings! Your blog has been hand-selected for an invitation to Tom's Top Blogs. What is TTB? Basically, it's a toplist for blogs. You sign up and put a small (badge-sized, see sample on our main page) button on your site. When your visitors click on it, you'll get a vote. The more votes you have, the higher you are on our list. Visitors that click your (and other members' buttons) will be directed to our main list of blogs. What does this mean to you: More readers! So give us a try, you can sign up here or just check us out at the link above. Thanks for reading.

[ Any blog may join, but we like to offer our service to the exceptional blogs that we come across, as they generally benefit the most! ]

Leah Says:

Exceptional blog, eh?

I like the idea of not pumping my own gas. Seems appropriate. I may move to Oregon, I always wanted to anyway, you know.
I also think that the shopping cart should be pushed out to my car for me, and the groceries loaded in the car for me as well.
I think every young boy should be taught to open the door for a lady, and give up his seat for her as well.
I have noticed lately an exceptional amount of hooligans running around these days, not holding the door for my friend with a double stroller--THE NERVE!

knighton Says:

Le, I couldn't agree more. Thank God your sons have you for a mother!

Leni Says:

LOL! A mullet with a bald spot! Ick.

Leah Says:

Hey, what's a trucker hat?

Anonymous Says:

Mullet! Bald-spot! Spit laughing to hard to breath!

Ok. Calmer now. The problem with the gas-pumping in Oregon is that while they MUST pump your gas, they must NOT let you pay at the pump. Especially if its raining. Seriously.

But, if you move to Oregon and ask nicely, the staff at Albertson's will indeed push your buggy to the car and unload it for you. Heh. If you ask nicely, they'll have someone push the buggy through the store and load it for you too. No kidding.

When I was pregnant with Lee they did that for me the last several months. When I walked in, the greeter would just autmatically page a cart-boy who would follow me through the store loading what I pointed at. According to them, it was a great gig!

knighton Says:

Leah, a trucker hat is the kind of "baseball caps" that Dad wears. You know, kinda tall-ish with a larger brim. Ugly, in other words.