A Confession

Sep 11, 2005

I'm supposed to be reading Captivating, by John & Staci Eldredge, for my monthly study group - which meets next week.

Instead, I caught up on all the Jane Austen I missed in high school and college. I've read Price & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, and Emma. All since August 21st!

Needless to say, I've neglected reading a spiritual book in favor of classic literature. I'm sure this says something unfavorable about me, but I'm not sure just what. Something to do with procrastination, maybe?

2 Response to "A Confession"

30seconds.blogs.com Says:

It's still great reading. In the past month I watched the movies of "Emma" and "Sense and Sensibility", and earlier this year we watched "Pride and Prejudice" with our kids. We were watching the latter especially to see the dances of that era, since we got to dance some of them ourselves at our homeschool Civil War Ball events in California. Fun fun fun.

knighton Says:

I absolutely loved "Pride and Prejudice" with Colin Firth. Captured the book so well, that the mini-series actually inspired me to begin reading. Now, I can hardly wait to pick up Emma. Although, I'm a little apprehensive to see the new "Pride and Prejudice" this fall. I'm afraid to be disappointed. I know...it's a prejudice. ;-)