More Bamboo Than You Could Shake a Stick At

Nov 8, 2005

So Handsome and I spent a long weekend at the coast. The beach was perfect, but you could see the damage caused by Hurricane Rita. The coastline was covered with bamboo sticks - I've never seen so many before. They made great firewood; we used them every night!

The weather was perfect, and the water was cool. The handsome one photographed the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen, an anniversary gift just for us. He swam, I read, and we stayed up late talking by the camp fire. He brought me seashells; I brought him lunch. We watched the sun set every evening and then watched the stars come out as the tide rolled in.

The moon looked like a little sailboat chasing after the evening star, and we could see the reflection of Orion in the surf. We planned and dreamed and hoped. My best friend is my lover, my husband, my joy.

1 Response to "More Bamboo Than You Could Shake a Stick At"

Anonymous Says:

Sounds fabulous! What a great time. Thanks for sharing it.