The Day My Heart Stopped

Apr 13, 2006

Seven years ago today, my sister's first son was born - about two-and-a-half months earlier than expected. But for me, that wasn't the scariest part.

My sister's life was in jeopardy, and for a couple of terrifying hours, I didn't know where she was and I couldn't talk to her. It took Handsome about an hour to track her down - in an ambulance somewhere in East Texas. He finally connected with the nurse at the hospital maternity ward, where they were anxiously awaiting her arrival. After what felt like an eternity, I heard her voice. She was calm and collected; I was a wreck.

I thank God for my nephew's safe arrival. And I thank God that He protected Leah that day. I don't know what I'd do without her.

1 Response to "The Day My Heart Stopped"

Leah Says:

As I recall, I had to calm somebody down so she wouldn't upset me and make my blood pressure go higher. :)

And, I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you.