Experiment

Jun 18, 2006

I love to cook. Party because I like to eat, but mostly because I enjoy feeding people. There is something satisfying about creating and serving a meal for loved ones.

And I love to experiment in the kitchen. When I have dinner out and find something I really like, I'll spend some time trying to determine exactly what's in it, so I can recreate the dish at home. Sometimes this is successful, occasionally not so much.

Tonight, however - success. An interpretation of a brothy pasta dish I had in Sun Valley last week, including fresh-picked mushrooms. While at the farmer's market this weekend, I picked up asparagus, tomatoes, and shitakes. Sauteed those together with a little garlic, butter, olive oil, chicken broth, and salt & pepper, served with bowtie pasta, and topped with parmigiano. Delicious and highly recommended.

Although, to do again, I'd add some onion and perhaps a squeeze of lemon to the broth. Yummy.

1 Response to "Experiment"

Leni Says:

I totally get that! I get such pleasure from feeding people.