Like A Glass About To Break

Jun 27, 2006

Confession: for the past couple of weeks, I have been enduring some serious anxiety/depression. Both my own and Handsome's. I haven't been home since Easter, haven't seen him in over a month. And while I love my work and enjoy the travel, it wears on our psyche. The loneliness can be unbearable. Weekends are torture, Monday a respite from the pain.

We made the decision to take this promotion with our eyes wide open, knowing how much time we'd be spending apart and how infrequently I'd be home. And we certainly would never have considered it if we had children. Nonetheless, we knew then in theory what we know now in practice. It's not easy, but in the end it will be worth it.

To top it off, this is the last week of my fiscal quarter. I'm certain I'll achieve my quota, but that doesn't reduce the pressure from the powers that be. (Oh, and I'm pms-ing, which is just icing on the cake.)

But there is silver lining to these dark clouds. I fly to Texas on Saturday - only four days from now, and it couldn't come soon enough.

2 Response to "Like A Glass About To Break"

Anonymous Says:

I'm SO happy for you! Just officially four days, and now its practically three days. And as soon as you wake up in the morning it will only be two nights!

knighton Says:

Lucy, you are a doll! :-*