Alive

Jul 31, 2006

Just for the record, I haven't fallen off the planet. I am the busiest I've been in months - I've driven over 2000 miles in the past week and will drive another couple thousand before the weekend.

A different hotel every night or so, combined with hours and hours of driving, makes for a very tired me. Which means restless nights filled with recurrent dreams of. . . you guessed it. . . more chewing gum! But, last night, I was able to get all the gum out of my mouth AND help some poor random dream woman remove the gum from her mouth as well. Yay!

In other news, my company car has some of the most wonderful creature comforts: Bluetooth for miles and miles of hands-free phone conversations carried through the speaker system. Auxiliary audio input for easy iPod connection. Auto-dimming rear-view mirror that adjusts not only when the sun goes down but also when the crazy driver behind me has his brights on. Power outlets that charge electronics even with the engine off. And really, really comfortable seats!

More later, folks. But to entertain you until the next random post, here is a short list of personalized plates I've seen lately:

BADPONY on a red Mustang
TERMN8TR on a silver Hummer
IRESQ U on a white Fire Dept Pickup
UNDRCVR on a black SUV with dark tinted windows

2 Response to "Alive"

Leah Says:

Hey, those liscense plates aren't too bad. Some people actually can think up there in the nose-bleed section of the states, huh?!

knighton Says:

It would seem so.

I saw a new one last night: JAGNOIR on a black jaguar. Very clever.