disappointment (n)

Oct 4, 2006

the feeling of sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.

Why is it that long-anticipated events result in disappointment? No matter how much one moderates one's hopes, the actual event almost always pales in comparison to what is imagined. Worse is when the reality falls short of what was believed - when action fails faith.

4 Response to "disappointment (n)"

Anonymous Says:

me too

Anonymous Says:

what i mean is, and i don't know if this is the same or not, i tend to be so discontent with stuff in the here/now that life after a transition can't help but look better. then, when i get there, i realize that i'm still discontent, just in a new place.

except. when God uses my natural desire for change to his glory. in other words, i'm sure it's going to be different this time. ;)

is that anything like it?

knighton Says:

yes and no.

I welcome the change. I just want what I want, not necessarily what I got. I'm bratty that way.

Leah Says:

That's not being bratty. It's setting yourself up for greatness!