Purple Is Not My Favorite Color

Oct 23, 2006

How is it that one tiny little needle can leave such a large bruise?  I mean, I'm used to the GIANT bruising that happens when the nurse has no idea how to puncture a vein.  Any vein will do.  In either arm. Please don't dig. Really. I can feel that. Ever considered a career in domination? Ouch!

But I digress. Today, the phlebotomist got it right on the first try!  I'd call him a genius if it wasn't for all the bruising.  How is this possible?

4 Response to "Purple Is Not My Favorite Color"

Anonymous Says:

Low iron? Excessive Vitamin K (found in dark leafy greens)?

knighton Says:

Doubt it. I'm not bruised anywhere else, and I eat spinach just about every day. I think it was just the nurse. ;-)

Anonymous Says:

Probably. Psycho-nurse! What kind of freak would want a job where they people with needles!

Although, a friend of mine is on anti-clotting medication that thins his blood and he's not allowed to eat spinach or turnip-greens because the blood-thinner plus the leafy green veggies could cause him to bleed-out if he got hurt. Acting like a double-dose of his medicine.

Leah Says:

Don't fold your arm at the elbow, and don't raise your elbow up. A plebotomist recently told me that. I've had blood drawn three times in the past six months and I haven't bruised!