Adventures in the ER

Mar 22, 2006

There is nothing quite so frightening as visiting an emergency room when you're away from home. Alone.

The good news is that they don't think I have appendicitis - but it took three hours, blood work, a CT scan, and other more humiliating examinations to find out. All the while Handsome was two thousand miles away worrying. I feel awful for causing him that much anxiety.

But, this is what love looks like - he was ready to drop everything and catch the next plane out if I had to have surgery. Thank God that wasn't necessary, but I've never wanted for him closer to me more than last night.

Side note: it is amazing how quickly pain killers can affect you when they inject them directly into your IV. It is also amazing that the hospital people will decide they need to get important information from you at the exact moment that those drugs begin to alleviate the burden of consciousness.

2 Response to "Adventures in the ER"

Jeff Says:

Are you sure it isn't PAS? http://www.rense.com/ufo6/pas.htm

(Seriously, though -- i feel for ya -- pain sucks, especially when you don't know what it's about)

knighton Says:

LMAO!

I've always had a theory that PAS was the result of a bad trip to the dentist. All hopped up on drugs, staring at the strange overhead light and that drill! Same thought occurred to me in the ER, just as I was passing out.

Thank you for making me spit soup on my monitor!