Recurrent Dreams

Mar 25, 2006

Well, I'm not really having recurrent dreams. It's more like recurrent themes that keep popping into all my dreams lately. And I've had tons of recurring dreams in my life - flying, falling, swimming, the whole gamut - but this is new and very different.

I dream something is stuck in my gums and teeth and in my wind-pipe. I've had wads of chewing gum, weird tape, and that funny gunk they use to create a mold of your teeth. And I always get distracted from whatever is going on in my dream to remove the offending substance from my mouth or throat. As soon as I think I've gotten it all, I choke on some more.

Very strange.

Wonder what it means. I'll probably find out once it no longer matters.

3 Response to "Recurrent Dreams"

Anonymous Says:

Well, from dreemmoods.com, the world's foremost authority on dream interpretation (why else would classmates.com choose them to advertise on?):

Mouth
To see a mouth in your dream, signifies your need to express yourself or talk about an issue that's bothering you. On the other hand, perhaps you have said too much and you need to keep your mouth shut.

Coughing
To dream that you are coughing, represents your fear or dissatisfaction of the future. You need to put some distance between yourself and others.� Alternatively, it indicates that you have made a negative choice in some important matter.

And of course,

Gum
To dream that you are chewing gum, suggests that you are unable to express yourself effectively. You may feel vulnerable. Alternatively, is symbolizes a sticky situation that you found yourself in.

To dream that you are unable to get rid of your gum, suggests that you are experiencing some indecision, powerlessness or frustration.� You may lack understanding in a situation or find that a current problem is overwhelming.

(My favorite part is that question mark at the end of the sentence) :)

Anonymous Says:

Note: i do not necessarily agree with or endorse these interpretations, just thought they were funny... now after i've posted it i realize they really aren't. Blame it on the flash animation of the smileys that were consuming my attention.

Anonymous Says:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.