Disappointed

May 15, 2006

About a month ago, I had dinner in a highly-recommended restaurant in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I am again visiting this lovely, scenic area, and having greatly enjoyed my dining experience last time, I returned for more.

That was probably a mistake. I ordered the same dish as last time - because it was delicious and because I'm not that adventurous. Anyway, tonight's meal made me wonder what I was thinking the first time. It wasn't inedible, but it really wasn't very good. In fact, it was not at all what I remembered - it just wasn't good.

How disappointing.

3 Response to "Disappointed"

Anonymous Says:

And so you have fallen prey to the old bait-n-switch-the-chef.

I remember there was a particular Chinese takeout place near campus. We'd always call and ask which cook was in the kitchen before we ordered! The guy that answered the phone would just laugh.

Leah Says:

Yeah, it's always good to be sure the same chef is cooking your favorite meal.
Hey, maybe next time you should eat something different--you ARE adventurous!

Leni Says:

How disappointing. I don't get out that much for a nice meal, so when I do, I want it to count!!