Going Home

Jul 1, 2006

At this moment, I'm sitting in an airport to go home. Finally.

But let me tell you about my adventures this morning. As per usual, I'm up at stupid-o-clock in the morning to catch a 7am flight, which is about to board any moment now. (Yikes, better type fast.)

Anyway. It took 30 minutes to check in because two of the three clerks (count 'em) were helping 6 people who MISSED their earlier flight. The other 20 of us had to wait for the one clerk who could get the rest of us to our flights on time.

Turns out those 6 guys are a band. Thus requiring special attention. Even though it was their own fault they missed their flight. How rude - of those tardy passengers and of the clerks who inconvenienced the rest of us when stars filled their eyes.

Grrr.

And let's not forget the very rude chic who CUT in line in front of us 20 patiently waiting passengers. Because *gasp* she was late for her flight. Get this...wait for it...she's on my flight.

Double Grrr.

Anyway.....I'm off toward home. And Handsome. Life is good after all.

6 Response to "Going Home"

Anonymous Says:

You simply MUST develope the ability to talk to perfect strangers in a loud piercing voice. The kind that can enunciate clearly from a stage, carrying the message to every seat in the house.

For example, imagine addressing this to the person standing next to you in line "CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE TO CUT IN LINE IN FRONT OF US!?! I WONDER WHERE SHE'S GOING? MAYBE SHE'S JUST EXCITED TO GET THERE! BUT, GOODNESS, SUCH ROOOOODNESS IS REALLY THE LIMIT! AH WONDER IF SHE'S A YANKEE? THAT MIGHT EXPLAIN IT! BLESS HER HEART, MAYBE SHE'S NOT BEEN TAUGHT ANY BETTER. STILL, YOU'D THINK ANY CIVILIZED PERSON WOULD HAVE THE SENSE TO KNOW BETTER.

I'm telling you, its great. Especially if you have PMS. Or if you're just in the mood to kick puppies.

knighton Says:

Oh, but I did! As loud as I could, to the gentlemen near me:

"DID SHE JUST CUT IN LINE?!? HOW RUDE!"

Then upon meeting her at the gate, I gave her a rather dirty stare. She blushed, shifted uncomfortably, and quickly looked away.

Ah, the power of shame. ;-)

Leah Says:

But aren't we supposed to extend the hand of Christ? Have compasion on those who wrong us? Give them the benefit of the doubt. You never know the reason why she was running. Perhaps she was going to a funeral, or a wedding, or was reuniting with a love. You never know, and just because you didn't push your way through the line to get ahead of everyone, doesn't mean you didn't want to.
I love you.

Alex the lesser Says:

Compassion yes, forgiveness certainly. However when the offender is taking advantage of numerous other people it is a moral imparative to bring their poor behavior to light.

"All it takes for Evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Anonymous Says:

I also think that perhaps a gentle verbal rebuke is Christ-like, as opposed to screaming obscenities. Oh, and I forgot Knighton was from Texas. They have skillz in Texas ;)

knighton Says:

I have no problem with allowing people to cut in line at the airport, provided they request the privilege from those in line. I've been on both the giving and receiving end of cutting in line at the airport - both for the ticket desk and for the security gate.

Here's what I've learned - most people are kind and generous and will help you in time of need to get where you need to go. Even people who've been waiting in line an hour will help you if they can. I would have liked the chance to help the girl, but I couldn't stand by and let her run over 20 people who had been waiting half an hour.

Ah well. We all made our flight - me and the band and the chic in a hurry. And hopefully, we're all spending today with the people we love.

Happy Independence Day everyone!