Fire Works

Jul 5, 2006

Yesterday was a thunderstorm-filled day, complete with flash flooding, which continued through the evening. At some point, Handsome and I decided to skip the local fireworks display to avoid getting rained out or on. Grilling and hanging out together sounded like more fun. And it was.

He put some salmon on the grill, and I sauteed some zucchini, mushrooms, and crab. While I was cooking the pasta, my pot holder somehow slipped into the gas flame. And before I knew it, I had a small fire on my hands. A quick dip in the sink and the situation was under control - well, a little smokey.

And you know what...it was pretty funny. What an adventure!

2 Response to "Fire Works"

Leni Says:

We skipped the fireworks also. Last night we watched them on TV with the kids (Washington, NYC and local) and one of my kids turned to me and said, "Hey, great fireworks, no mosquitoes!!"

I like how she thinks!

Anonymous Says:

Since I live here in an enclave of Mid-westian communists, we skipped the fireworks too. BECAUSE THEY WERE AT 11:00pm! What kind of place has NO parade and then waits for the fireworks until 11:00pm!?! Because, we all know, they hate kids.

For a smallish town, this is certainly odd. Now that I think, it reminds me of that town in Chitty-chitty-Bang-bang.