Unexpected

Jul 18, 2006

On Saturday, I visited the Humane Society to get my cat fix, since I am 2000 miles away from Trixie. One of the cats decided I would make a good mountain, so she proceeded to climb out of her cage, over my shoulder, and onto my back. With claws. A few minutes later, four kittens in another cage decided to make a break for it. Mayhem ensued.

Yesterday, I bought a hands-free kit for my cell phone. On clearance. For 50 cents. That's a 95% discount, folks. I've been giddy ever since.

This morning, I caught a drive-time radio show on a local rock station. The DJ was proclaiming the need to reincorporate the Ten Commandments and corporal punishment into the public school system. I nearly drove off the road, I was so astonished. Then, I programmed the station to #1.

This weekend, I plan to begin a mail campaign to my nephews and niece. Since I travel all over the place, I thought they might enjoy a few postcards from the interesting places I go. I'm really looking forward to my next road trip, and I really hope they will be surprised.

4 Response to "Unexpected"

Anonymous Says:

Sounds like you've been living right :)

Leah Says:

I remember when Grandma and Grandpa sent us post cards from their summer vacations!

Alex the lesser Says:

I am with you on the Ten Commandments, but I will fight you tooth and nail on the corporal punishment issue.

knighton Says:

Alex - I'm with you on the corporal punishment issue, having experienced much too much of it in my life. I was just saying it was nice to hear something "conservative" on a liberal radio station...not agreeing with what he said. ;-)