What Matters

Jul 12, 2006

Handsome and I enjoyed the most perfect week together. We relaxed, watched movies, and cooked on the grill. And ate ice cream - every night. I am so grateful for such wonderful time with my husband. We needed it.

But I'm on the road, again. And this morning, I got some heart-wrenching news. My dear friend, Leanne, called early to relay the results of a recent CAT scan and MRI. The cancer is back, and it's on her liver this time. What's more, Leah is having a rough time. Fighting a battle in her mind against a body that has betrayed her. Her scars are more than skin deep, not unlike Leanne's.

A wise woman once wrote, "scars are proof that we have lived." The wound on Leah's body shows the hope of four babies and a mother saved by an incision. The gash on Leanne tells of a malignant growth reluctant to release its grip. But, neither Leanne nor Leah are at peace with their scars. The scars, however, are begging to tell their stories - stories about what it takes to survive.

4 Response to "What Matters"

Anonymous Says:

I keep meaning to write a post about cancer. Yet I keep not writing it.

The backstory: I'm from East Tennessee. Its not "if" you get cancer, its "when" and "what kind" and "Vandy". I know more first-hand random cancer stuff than any human has any business knowing.

For what its worth, during the last year I've been hearing extraordinary things about Pomegrante juice. Apparently, studies are proving (repeatedly in studies easily duplicated) that cancer cells will not grow if you drink one ounce of concentrated Pomegranate juice (so that 1 ounce equals 15 pomegranates) at the same time each day. No side-effects.

It won't decrease the number of cells, but it won't let them increase either. Obviously most effective when used in conjunction with something that will kill the cells.

You can get it at SamsClub in the section over near the pharmacy. Its about $16 per 32ounce bottle. Can't hurt. Might help.

I'm sorry your friend has cancer.

knighton Says:

Thanks Lucy. I'll pass on the info.

I'm from East Texas, too. Only for our family, the terror seems to be heart disease and diabetes. I refuse to live the "when not if" life!

Leah Says:

Amen, sister.

Pomegranet Juice? Hmmm...
interesting!

Leah Says:

Oh, and thank you for this post. It really does help to know you do understand. We are praying for Leanne.
I know Canada has some cancer cure that is illegal in US but really works. Maybe a trip to Canada?