Good Deal

Jul 24, 2007

There's nothing quite as satisfying as finding picking up a stylish new shirt that has been relinquished to the discount rack because of a stain. Unless the stain comes right out in the wash. That's definitely more satisfying.

4 Response to "Good Deal"

Leah Says:

what kind of a stain is it? If you know what it is, you may want to call mom on this one. when we were kids, i had a great pair of white parachutte pants. they were always clean no matter how much i abused them the day before.
because of mom and those pants, i have forever called her "the master bleecher."
but she really does know how to get stains out of just about anything.
Ivory soap (the pure kind) can usually do the trick, but i'd call mom.

knighton Says:

The stain really did come out in the first wash. I pre-treated with a little Clorox 2 - does the trick almost every time!

Leah Says:

Good for you! I like Clorox 2 too! But most of the time, I don't catch a stain until I'm hanging the clothes up. Bummer!

Anonymous Says:

Personally, I'm all about "Shout". You know, "Shout it Out!" Lucky for me, I usually spot the fresh stains as the kids are walking around aquiring even MORE stains! I just sigh and remind them to put it on TOP of the washer (right on the lid) so I can douse it with stuff before it goes in the wash ...

And, hey, if you've got bunches of stuff that need "help" (like kids coats or comforters) I've found that it works to dump in the whole bottle and let the stuff sit in the washer overnight!