Shakes Head and Sighs

Aug 6, 2007

So I'm sitting in a booth having dinner when Michael Jackson's Beat It starts playing over the satellite radio. Across the room, a booth-full of teenagers (half my age, by the way) goes nuts laughing at the "retro" tune. (!) They know every word. So do I.

Sigh

I notice through my meal that they maintain an endless stream of inane conversation. And I wonder, was I like that? One of those effervescent, giggling teenage girls? And the still small voice says, "yep."

Sigh

Only, I was at a small-town Whataburger, instead of a Red Robin in a west-coast metropolis.

Sigh

2 Response to "Shakes Head and Sighs"

Anonymous Says:

Ah, but that's not sad. THAT'S reassuring! Both that you were normal and that some teens are still "normal" :)

Leah Says:

and to add to Lucy's comment:

that the teenagers knew that "retro" tune! Makes you feel at least like there isn't so much distance between you and those teenage years!