Learn Something New Every Day

Jan 16, 2009

I'm a bit of a finicky eater. Always have been. Dad tells me that I survived several years of my childhood eating only chicken nuggets and macaroni & cheese. It wasn't until I met The Handsome One that I learned to enjoy a wider range of foods. Over the years he has introduced me to lots of tasty treats. Like sour cream. Seriously. I WAS that finicky.

The usual routine is that Handsome will offer yours truly some dish or food item for which I have sworn hatred. Offer. Taste. Ok, that's not bad. Almost every time, I enjoy these new and exciting flavors. Except avocado*.

Anyway, I've had a hankering for eggplant lately, so last night I made an eggplant casserole. (HEB grilled eggplant slices layered with meat sauce and mozzarella) Yum!

Well, "yum" for me, anyway. Turns out Handsome hates eggplant. HATES! IT!

*blink*

Go figure.

*About that avocado. I really, really want to like avocado. Really, I do. I keep trying to enjoy it. In fact, I seem to love it on tacos, but only in Mexico. Back home, can't stand it. Weird, right?

1 Response to "Learn Something New Every Day"

Leah Says:

ja ja ja!